Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm Pumped

It is exercise alone that supports the spirits, and keeps the mind in vigour.
Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman orator (106-43 B.C.)

The truth is that I was pumped, past tense, after a 4 km bike ride to the YMCA, where I found first-rate equipment, a near-empty pool, no blaring music, and no annual contracts, and so I eagerly signed up and had a good work-out, the first in a year and a half, and then biked back the return 4 km. Now, four hours later, I can just barely hold myself upright in the chair but, although the body may be deflated, my spirit remains upbeat. I don't possess the vigour of the jackrabbit that appeared in the neighbour's driveway at dinner time, but I aspire to it. How much vigour will I have tomorrow? -- that is the question. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment