Thursday, June 30, 2011

30 Clicks and Counting

A weed is no more than a flower in disguise, Which is seen through at once, if love give a man eyes.
James Russell Lowell

Peddling along a bike trail beside a busy expressway full of commuter traffic, I enjoyed the sight of the beautiful, violet blue weeds that peered above the wild foliage growing beside the trail. Surely a Tinker Bell or two must live within such an enchanting muddle. Their effervescent colour enlivens what might otherwise be a mundane ride on city streets to the gym.

I am congratulating myself for the significant milestone of riding 30km on my new bike. Although my thighs feel like I'm lifting a heavy tree log with each step, I am enjoying my new gym membership. The gym comes with the added bonus of also being home to the public library full of books, CDs and DVDs. With all these materials available for free I won't be bored as I lounge across the sofa allowing my legs to recuperate. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Bike rides? Gym? Library? What kind of lifestyle is that? Very unusual!

    ReplyDelete