Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Backyard Travel

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.

Dr. Seuss (a.k.a., Theodor Seuss Geisel), American children's author, illustrator, poet, animator, screenwriter, and filmmaker (1921–1990)

Multiple recipe books are stacked up beside my bed ensuring sweet (and savory) dreams. Looking to expand my horizons, I found "Dirt" on the website of a local bookseller. I got a wonderful surprise in their willingness to deliver the book to my door -- the same day. Amazon Prime can't beat that! 

So, while I may not be in Lyon physically this year, I am being transported there in my imagination courtesy of the humorous word pictures of Bill Buford.

Only a few pages into the book, this is already shaping up to be a fun journey!

1 comment:

  1. STOP PRESS: Amazon Shares Go Through The Floor As A Result Of Consumer Rebellion!!!

    ReplyDelete