Sunday, November 24, 2019

Nostalgic for Christmas Catalogues

May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas eve.
Unknown

The Christmas catalogue on Mom and Dad’s kitchen table filled me with the warmth of nostalgia. I fondly remember hours spent leafing through the Eaton’s catalogue, folding page corners as markers and making my wish list for Santa. 

A very similar gleeful sensation filled me five decades later as I eyed the Embossing Rolling Pins that “let you press detailed, seamless designs into rolled-out sheets of dough, embossing deeply so that pattern stays crisply defined, even after baking.” Can you say, “new toy”? ;-)


1 comment:

  1. Over here, you can tell when Christmas is on its way when the charity organisations' catalogues start to appear...
    - in August !!

    ReplyDelete