Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Breathing in a Mid-November Sunrise

The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different.
J.B. Priestly, English novelist, playwright and broadcaster (1894–1984)

How precious it was to drink in the beautiful sunrise with my morning coffee prior to leaving the warmth of my wee abode for the train. It won’t be long before darkness settles upon my morning commute, so I breathed in the view and gave thanks for daylight savings time.

And I do love how snow seems to quieten the world. All seemed reverently hushed as I made my way to the station. There seemed to be fewer cars passing and my own usual brisk pace slowed out of caution for slippery ice. The quietening felt good.


1 comment:

  1. I'm prompted to recall the Rydman Dictum: 'Cold is volume, a bus which one held 60 people now holds 30'
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete