Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Handsome Brew

Handsome is as handsome does.
English proverb, first published by Geoffrey Chaucer, in The Wife of Bath's Tale (1387)

Jameel means beautiful or handsome in Arabic and the Museum's courtyard cafe is graced by the charming barista named Jamil. He serves up perfect coffees and daily doses of big smiles and positive philosophy, boosting both body and soul on afternoon coffee breaks. He told me of the best source of Arabic coffee in the big city with a proprietor who roasts the beans and blends in the perfect amount of cardamon. Jamil insisted that he bring me a sample and the freshly ground beans did smell sublime through the bag. So today I was finally able to use my Egyptian kanaka (coffee pot) that has graced my stove top as a decoration for the past year. The ahwa was divine and so I must go track down this heavenly source for myself. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment