Friday, January 2, 2015

Dancing Daylight

Daylight, full of small dancing particles and the one great turning, our souls are dancing with you, without feet, they dance. 
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, Persian Sufi mystic (1207-1273)

Ever so slightly, and yet noticeably, the days are getting longer. I am seeing more sunlight during my commute to and from work. Today, because I dallied and was some twenty minutes behind my normal routine, I was treated to an amazing sight when I arrived at work.

The Sun gleamed through the park's supernatural cypress trees cloaked in their winter mantles. Its rays reached far across the street where the windows of an otherwise bland office building had the magnificent role of mirroring the light back onto the museum's shadowed face where the light danced to a heavenly rhythm.

The sight made my footsteps into work a whole lot lighter!

1 comment:

  1. "He who binds to himself a joy
    Does the wingèd life destroy;
    But he who kisses the joy as it flies
    Lives in eternity's sunrise"

    Wm. Blake

    "Kissed" by the camera - an opportunity well taken !!

    ReplyDelete