Sunday, January 11, 2015

Found Treasure

Our most treasured family heirlooms are our sweet family memories.
Unknown

Over the years I have often thought about the little blanket that a great grandmother gave me as a child for my doll. I remember being presented with the gift and enjoying the feel of its soft cotton. I recall sleeping with it simply clutched to my face as it was too small to cover me. I thought it was long gone, along with the other too well-loved toys of childhood; but Mom found the little quilt wrapped in protective paper tucked away in some boxes in the basement. I am so very fortunate that this little sample of my great grandmother's fine handwork has survived. Now I must find a way to display this treasure that is imbued with happy memories of childhood and a loving woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment