Sunday, February 23, 2014

Illumine Me

Love shines as the solitary star.
Faith is the inner light
You and I together mirror the Light of Lights,
and illumine the pathway home.
Love Shines as the Solitary Star hymn

I have been sitting in my rocking chair draped with a quilt made by impoverished women in Cairo. Its lighthouse imagery seemed to call me back to a lovely hymn sung in church today. I am certainly seeking a guiding light as I try to compose a reflection on my experience in Egypt. How to patch so many narratives, so many blessings and challenges, into one small picture that somehow enlightens my hometown audience is a daunting challenge. I have heard it said, "Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." May it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment