Saturday, February 22, 2014

Communicating Once Again

Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.
Walt Disney

Finally! Finally, my little abode is connected to the outside world. My little Wind stick provides the necessary link to the world beyond my window. I am very excited by the possibilities and feel that my new life here is now functional.

Last Friday I watched the full moon rise and, perhaps for the first time, recognized the man-in-the-moon's face here in the homeland. I don't think I have seen him since I departed my beloved Egypt. But there he was, with his face tilted slightly to the right, looking quizzically at me through the mashrabeyya as if to say, "What are you doing there?" To be honest, I didn't have an answer for him -- so I had a another sip of wine and welcomed him into my home.

With a glass of wine and a mobile modem stick I am well set for conversation. You and the man-in-the-moon will find me sitting here in the rocking chair more often from now on.

1 comment: