Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Dust-Covered Day

Watch my dust.
Babe Ruth, American baseball star (1895–1948)

This morning I got up from sitting at the side of a 4m deep Roman well being excavated at Karnak Temple and realized that I had better dust myself off if I wanted to be somewhat presentable at my next stop, the bank, but that dust was nothing compared to what I encountered on our balcony later this afternoon when I reached above the cupboard to bring down some boxes that have been stored there for the past year. Whoosh! I was so covered that I had to brush myself off with a hand broom before even thinking about going into the flat to clean up. That's when I happened to look westwards and saw that the mountain and I were one -- she was also shrouded in dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment