Monday, December 13, 2010

Angels on High

Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o’er the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains

Gloria, in excelsis Deo!
Gloria, in excelsis Deo!


I've been very fortunate to celebrate Christmas Eve in Bethlehem with a host of nations. The carol was sung in the numerous languages of the congregation and, although few could sing in more than one language, the church swelled with the chorus: Gloria, in excelsis Deo!

Today we decorated the Christmas tree. "Angie" has graced the tree every year since I was one or two.


And the tree is still decorated with boxes of glass ornaments, now considered antique. I suppose that makes me an antique too.


Sunday, December 12, 2010
Cold Strikes
Sorry, there was no photo of a good memory for Sunday's post. I will remember, however, Cat curled up with me on the pink wool blanket as I slept through the day with the first head cold of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment