Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ice Cream for Breakfast


Yum! And healthy too! ;-) Kim on her Stirring the Pot blog provided the recipe for Creamy Cantaloupe Pops. Lacking cantaloupe and a plastic popsicle mold, I made a bowl of green melon ice cream. I planned to use yogurt, which would have made it doubly healthy, but alas I didn't have enough so I used cream. I also used more fruit just because Tayib really filled up my shopping bag yesterday. It is refreshing and would make a great dessert for a barbeque. And it's sooooo easy. Five minutes and then into the freezer. You can bet that I'll be making this again!

5:30 PM UPDATE: The carpenters and painter have just left. We have now completed Day 5 of the wardrobe installation. A little more 'tweaking' is necessary yet I am hopeful that Bokra, Insha'Allah, the job will be done. We've had four days of bokra, but malesh.


This is the wardrobe in the "summer" bedroom because it is the cooler room to sleep in. Handles are coming!


The wardrobe in the master bedroom is too big to fit into a photo. This bedroom has an exterior wall with a southern exposure that produces a lot of ambient heat, so this is the 'winter' bedroom. Such is life in my 'palace'.


And while the men were working, I made "William Shatner's Cappuccino Muffins" from a recipe on Recipezaar. I didn't know Captain Kirk baked and these are pretty good. I'm a coffee addict (OK, I admitted it) so I would have preferred a stronger coffee flavour. Perhaps if I had used the instant espresso powder that the recipe called for, the flavour would have been more intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment