Tuesday, December 10, 2019

A Little Santa in Us All

Santa Claus is anyone who loves another and seeks to make them happy; who gives himself by thought or word or deed in every gift that he bestows.
Edwin Osgood Grover, American publisher and educator (1870–1965)

My office is participating in the Shoebox Project for Women this holiday season. We wrap shoeboxes and fill them with quality items valued at about $50 (“that would make any woman feel beautiful, confident and special”), and then the boxes are gifted to women impacted by homelessness.

This weekend Mom and I had fun selecting gifts for the unknown woman. It could well be someone I pass on the street as I walk to work. To the warm scarf, hat and pretty thermal socks we added a wreath broach, a box of chocolates (no nuts), cough drops, body lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and lip gloss. My office desk was a jolly mess as I had fun wrapping it all up today.

I hope the unknown woman who opens the box feels a little comfort, a little joy and a little loved this Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment