Monday, October 9, 2017

Triple the Pleasure

Spread love as thick as you would peanut butter.
Unknown
Peanut butter formed one of my earliest food groups. At a tender age of not yet two, I persistently asked for peanut butter sandwiches. Regrettably, its smell would invariably bring on a bout of nausea for my poor pregnant mother. I still love my PB, so much so that I can't have it in my home to save my waistline. For this reason PB and jam on toast became my go-to breakfast option when staying at five-star hotels on business trips. I'm sure that I raised a few eyebrows but I would try to be as dainty and as grown-up as possible when spreading it on my expensive toast. I relished these treats.

Dangerously, the cafe at work recently introduced double-decker peanut butter cookies with peanut butter cream in between. Manna from heaven for PB lovers.

I was thus inspired on this holiday Monday as I got started on the baking for the church bazaar's Cookie Walk. An internet search provided the recipes for the cookies and cream and I'm very happy with the result (quality control required that I test one with my afternoon coffee). Now I am thinking of alternatives such as changing out the PB cream for strawberry jam or chocolate cream. I am just not sure that the Cookie Walk can handle that much PB-love all in one place.

Spread the love! :-)


2 comments:

  1. A few options from Over Here...

    PB with a three fruit marmalade (grapefruit, orange and lemon)
    PB with lime marmalade

    All the above are favoured by The Other Resident, but my all-time personal favourite is PB and Marmite - which is of course 'persona non grata' for you folks !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try the marmelade suggestion -- the combination intrigues me. Marmite is another story. I haven't seen a news update as to whether it has been allowed back in the country. I am not one to miss it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete