Sunday, October 15, 2017

Pairings

Once we hit forty, women only have about four taste buds left: one for vodka, one for wine, one for cheese, and one for chocolate.
Regina "Gina" Barreca, American professor of English literature and feminist theory and humorist
 
This week's bazaar baking combined two of my favourite things: chocolate and wine (perhaps not in order of preference). Surfing the web on an evening commute home this week, I happened upon Double Chocolate Merlot Cookies (recipe here). Chances are that after a stressful day at the office, the thought of a nice merlot and some chocolate soothed my soul and determined that the recipe be tested.

While my choice in wine might not be a true merlot (admitedly I was drawn to the label's image of Venice), I am very happy with the wine and the resulting cookie. Both provided a good antidote to a blustery, rainy afternoon.

I am counting on there being a number of 40+ women buying cookies at the bazaar who will appreciate the pairing as much as I do.

With the baking done, I am going to slice myself some nice cheese to accompany the leftover wine. Life is good! :-)


1 comment:

  1. What a cunning way to make the consumption of alcohol in public socially acceptable 😉
    I hope there were not too many 40+ customers at the bazaar to deprive you of some "leftovers"...

    ReplyDelete