Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Ford, Farm and Friends

Friends and quilts are great
No matter how they are put together.
Unknown

I had a wonderful vacation with friends at their farm set among the rolling hills of central Alberta. I brought along a quilt that I had made. The small 'windows', framed by barn-board fencing fabric, contain chickens, cows, horses, pigs, and a house that is strikingly similar to their home.

I spotted the Ford and barn panel at a stitchery show two years ago and knew immediately who would enjoy it. (His truck is a GMC not a Ford, but he'll forgive me.) I hadn't worked on it since things like a job and home renovations filled my spare time so when the opportunity arose to visit the farm, I  worked a little frantically to complete the project with help from Mom, who stepped in to sew the binding. May it bring warmth and comfort for years to come.

5 comments:

  1. it already has, we love it. (and will fight over who gets to use it)
    pmc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen and I say ....GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nice barn too. hee hee hee
    pmc

    ReplyDelete
  4. .. amazing on all counts - but I am particularly intrigued by the 'pin-up girl or boy' holding it in place ...

    ReplyDelete