Saturday, November 30, 2013

Queen of the Castle

(S)he that has a house to put's head in has a good head-piece.
William Shakespeare in King Lear

Cat and I received early house-warming gifts today from my aunt and cousin. Cat is as thrilled with her toys and treats as I am with my exquisite first-Christmas tree ornament.

Work at my little abode has slowed. Handles were added to the cabinets this week and I am very happy with the result. Without exaggeration, I must have looked at more than a hundred different handles of metal, ceramic, plastic, plain, painted, ornate, knobs, pulls, and lugs. All those choices and yet just one choice. I guess that made the decision easy. ;-)

Now I await the completion of the 'odds and sods' and 'bits and bobs' -- with the biggest bob being the installation of the granite countertop. I must wait 10 more days to see that landmark. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. It's looking really good! I'm glad Cat enjoyed her goodies -and a basket to keep them all in. Our kitties have a very full basket of toys. Hopefully you'll be in before Christmas and you can unpack all of your long stored ornaments.

    love
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete