Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sweet Giving

It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (Mother Teresa), founder of the Missionaries of Charity (1910-1997)

When the neighbour lady phoned asking me to drop round her house, I figured there was a problem with her computer as it can, on occasion, leave her shaking her 88-year-old head (it's a Windows machine, what can I say?). But there was no computer problem. She greeted me at the door with a lovely gift of cheeses, English pickle, orange chocolate, and a plate of homemade mince pies and carrot cake to carry back to the family. Her thoughtful present warmed the ol' homestead. We beamed at her kindness and it looked to me as if even the mince pies were smiling . . . before Dad gobbled one up. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment