Friday, July 20, 2012

Can-Do Quilting

They can because they think they can.
Virgil, Roman poet (70 B.C - 19 B.C.)

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Instilled at a young age with an attitude that I can do anything I set my mind to (if I only set my mind to it) I became determined to make my own design for "Houston's"** wide border. Some might think I'm imprudent being a quilting newbie and all, but I jumped headlong into the task without really knowing what I was doing and lacking the proper supplies. Using the simplest of materials like old file folders and calling upon the skill learned in grade school to make a carbon transfer by scratching the back of the paper with lots of pencil lead, I boldly ventured into quilt stencil making. And it worked! Yippee! And Whew! Confidence and Resourcefulness: 1. Imprudence: 0.

**The "Houston, we have a problem" quilt is now simply referred to as "Houston" around the homestead.

No comments:

Post a Comment