Monday, July 23, 2012

Aurora's Cloak

The stars are putting on their glittering belts.
They throw around their shoulders cloaks that flash
Like a great shadow's last embellishment.
Wallace Stevens, American poet (1879–1955) in "The Auroras of Autumn"

"Houston's" border is working up nicely. It's certainly not a typical quilt border, but as it comes together I am happier with the results. The border fabric reminded Mom and I of the Northern Lights and so it has become a canvas on which I can stitch memories of starry nights and the awesome Aurora borealis.

1 comment:

  1. mmh. left a comment yesterday, but it didn't post.

    Amazing job Shari, I think you might be a little crazy taking this on, but the work is very intricate. Well done. I thought it reflected and made me think of Larsen comics and transparencys.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete