Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Life on Skids

Life in a box is better than no life at all ... I expect.
Tom Stoppard, British playwright (b. 1937)

Yay! Last seen in Luxor, after two months, I finally got a chance today to see again the boxes holding mementos of 14 years of my life . . . and they look better than expected. The old skids are worn out from their journey halfway across the globe, but they have done their job and held the stacks of boxes in one piece to the journey's end. The strapping and plastic wrapping are in tack and there's no sign of water damage. I am so relieved! I cannot thank enough all the people who have helped me along the way, from Luxor to Cairo to Alexandria to Hamburg to Montreal to Toronto to home. I couldn't have done without the help of every single one of them. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment