Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's Party Time!

On with the dance! let joy be unconfined;
No sleep till morn, when Youth and Pleasure meet
To chase the glowing hours with flying feet.
Lord Byron, British poet (1788–1824) in Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Whether a wedding or a shop opening, multicoloured lights let every one around know where to find the party. As I was walking along the street I noticed this pick-up truck and I couldn't help but smile at the thought of the festivities to come. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy that this is nowhere near our flat because the lights are most certainly accompanied by high decibel music going on well past my bedtime . . . 8:30 P.M. ;-) "No sleep til morn" is modus operandi around here.

Just down the street I visited with my favourite bakers. They have expanded their repertoire but, alas, my favourite cookies were not in sight. Probably a good thing too, with respect to my waistline.

No comments:

Post a Comment