Friday, January 20, 2012

Ice Flowers

Adversity draws men together and produces beauty and harmony in life's relationships, just as the cold of winter produces ice-flowers on the window-panes, which vanish with the warmth.
Soren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813-1855)

On this shiny and bright afternoon Cat called me to the front window. I should explain that Cat is the 'quiet type', she seldom talks so I knew it had to be something important. Peering over her shoulder to see what caught her attention I spotted the beautiful ice crystals along the window's edge. I can only surmise that Cat, sitting on her window perch, wanted to share the beauty of the ice garden with me. Her duty done, she curled up in her bed and fell asleep, blanketed by the sun's warmth.

8 P.M. Update:
The day has ended on a purple note: a happy purple, not the sad purple of Dr. Seuss. Who knew how difficult it would be to create purple? After some worrying moments, Mom and I have just finished cupcakes to take to a bridal shower tomorrow, topping them with some glistening bling in the form of sugar. What fun!

1 comment:

  1. Your Bling Cupcakes look very yummy. I wish we could have been there to share them with you and the Bride-To-Be.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete