Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How Difficult Can It Be?

Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.
Sophia Loren

The problem with taking lessons from masters is that they make everything look so easy. Case in point is Chef Michael Stauffer who whipped up a pot of fresh papardelle pasta (think noodles bigger than spaghetti, bigger than linguini, and bigger than tagliatelle) for a crowd of twenty before our very eyes. My list of New Year's resolutions includes "Make pasta" and, since I only have 95 days left to accomplish my goals, I had better get to it. Chef Michael's demonstration certainly didn't dissuade me, or knock some sense into me. How difficult can it be?

It is certainly worth the effort. I loooove pasta. I just wish it made me look like Sophia Loren! ;-)  This evening's Go Cooking class presented the buttered papardelle under Overnight Braised Heritage Beef and Glazed Turnip. A soul-warming dish for the cold nights to come.

1 comment:

  1. I have a pasta maker and have actually used it a few times (although not lately). It is fun and not too difficult - just a little time consuming. I made ravioli. Very yummy. You can do it!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete