Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Sono qui | I am here

There are no strangers here. Only friends you haven't yet met.
William Butler Yeats


After plane, train and bus trips, the masked traveller arrived in Verona.


After checking in, I happened upon my first exquisite gelato under a renaissance arcade. Sicilian almond topped by caffe. Delicious!


With my mission to get my cell phone connected to an Italian provider (a not-so-straight-forward feat), I treated myself to my first apperitivo in the Piazza dei Signori. All the cares of the day's travel and technology challenges melted away.


Returning 'home', I meandered past the same arcade with the gelato. Such a lovely first evening.

Now, after re-learning how to post a blog, I am ready for a good night's sleep.

Perhaps I will dream of more adventures tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. The process of posting may have needed to be recalled from deep in the grey matter, but your ability to convey a real sense of 'being there' for the reader is still very evident! Is that a torc I see in image #1...?

    ReplyDelete