Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Piecing the Puzzle

You are a piece of the puzzle in someone else's life. You may never know where you fit, but others will fill the holes in their lives with pieces of you.
Unknown

My home is a mess and it's S-I-L's fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

With the seasonal festivities having ebbed and a few days off from work, I planned to clean house today; instead, I have spent the day in my pj's engrossed in a jigsaw puzzle that S-I-L picked out for me for Christmas. It's a beautiful Venetian scene that looks so similar to a favourite canal-side trattoria in La Serenissima. In real life and in the puzzle image I love the multiple layers of textures, so I'm hooked and only a minimal amount of housework got done.

Several times over the day I have sworn that the puzzle manufacturer had purposefully left out a piece just to drive me crazy. Yet, with a bit of patience each 'missing' piece has been found and put in its place to help me complete the big picture. I am figuring that there is a moral here that I am to learn. So housework can wait. ;-)

Update:
I am pleased to report that after 67 hours and 15 cups of coffee the puzzle is complete. There were no missing pieces -- after I gave the carpet a shake to find the 1000th one to be put in its place. I now face the dilemma of what to do with it. I could put it back in the box and create an annual post-Christmas tradition. Time will tell.




2 comments:

  1. Tip:
    Try assembling the puzzle on a surface with a plain background - your lovely inlaid table might cause some visual confusion after an hour or two...

    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! In this case, that would have necessitated putting away everything that has accumulated on the dining room table (ie, clean house). Next time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete