Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Beginning

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.
Ivy Baker Priest, American politician and treasurer (1905-1975)

All around the world this evening bubbles have been raising human spirits. I chose to take my celebratory bubbles in the bath rather than in the glass. Enjoying the relaxed bliss of warm water, cool vino and jazz music in the background, I tried my best to remember the significant happenings that marked each of the months of the past year -- not such an easy task as I figured that my daytimer wouldn't mix well with the water and bubbles. Nevertheless, I recalled with a smile the events that brought joy and satisfaction and I remembered with a nod of acknowledgement those events that tested my abilities to rise a little higher, a little better. All in all, it has been an amazing year to which I bid adieu. Turning from 2014 to face the new year, I am wide-eyed with anticipation that 2015 will bring new adventure and new growth.

As I will be soundly in dreamland by the time that midnight works its way around to my hometown, I wish all my kind readers a new beginning full of hope, full of joy, and full of love.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment