Monday, March 10, 2014

DST's Blue Skies

Blue skies smiling at me.
Nothing but blue skies do I see.
Irving Berlin, American composer and lyricist (1888-1989) in "Blue Skies"(1926)

Do I see blue sky? Can it be? I haven't seen the phenomenon on my commute home in a very long time. . . or so it seems. Having a bright sky overhead certainly caused my gait to have almost a skip as I walked from the station to home. I was praising Daylight Savings Time the whole way. And I just learned that my hometown was one of only six Canadian cities that instituted Daylight Saving Time before 1918; otherwise much of the country didn't come on board until the 1960s. DST may cause havoc with travel and meetings but I was certainly thankful for it this evening.

1 comment:

  1. ...and on this side of the pond they're talking about doing away with DST (or British Summertime...) !!!

    ReplyDelete