Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Shower Christening

Everyone who's ever taken a shower has an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off and does something about it who makes a difference.
Nolan Bushnell, American engineer and entrepreneur

The ol' homestead's hot water heater passed away late last night with an hour-long gasp as its warm waters drained out across the basement floor -- and thankfully down the floor drain. I'm told it died of natural causes. Unfortunately, it could not be laid to rest -- in the back of a service truck -- until this evening when the Reliance undertaker came to call. There's never a good time for these things to happen and I needed a shower before heading off to class. S-I-L stepped in giving me the opportunity to christen her lovely new shower. Darn! I forgot the champagne! I planned to write an ode of appreciation, which I began to compose as I lathered, but I forgot it too. So I, and my classmates, bid you a simple "Thank you".

No comments:

Post a Comment