Friday, November 25, 2011

Sweet Memories

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait to hear the answer.
Anonymous, found inside a Baci wrapper

With the afternoon coffee break on the horizon, I parked the car in front of our neighbourhood Italian bakery and went in for some Sicilian cannoli and there, on the counter, stood a large open jar of "Baci" chocolates. Memories came rushing back of Saturday mornings years ago at another Italian bakery, with cream horns, super-hot capicola sandwiches, lattes and "Baci". For me that hazelnut, two-bite morsel represents the piece de resistance to a fine coffee break, so for old times' sake I bought two: one for me and one for the Time Traveller. But being caught up in all those memories, I hardly noticed opening the second one. ;-) Sorry, TT. I owe you one!

No comments:

Post a Comment