Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ring My Bell!

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.
Charles Dickens

This year I have the pleasure of volunteering for the Salvation Army, manning one of their donation kettles in the local mall. What a wonderful feeling to wish people a "Merry Christmas" and bring smiles when I ring my bell in thanks.

The Salvation Army has been helping vulnerable people in Canada since 1882. Known affectionately as the "Sally Ann", it brings hope and joy to many of our less fortunate children and families during the Christmas season and so every year I drop my "loonies" and "toonies" into their trademark red kettles. This year I'm hosting an online kettle for The Salvation Army's Christmas Appeal. You can help support me by making a secure online donation by clicking on the link in the sidebar. Go ahead . . . ring my bell! ;-) God Bless and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment