Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart (c. 1260 – c. 1327)


Canadians give thanks for the harvest a month earlier than our neighbours to the South. Frost comes sooner here . . . as evidenced by the fact that I wore gloves today.


We drove to the Niagara Peninsula to spend a morning at the Artfest in Vineland. This may be our final fall fair. From the fair Cat received chunks of honeysuckle wood which she much prefers to catnip. Learn something new every day.


Taking a detour on the return trip, we stopped to admire Beamer's Falls. I recently learned that my hometown calls itself "The Waterfall Capital of the World" and I'm thinking that I should make it my goal to visit all the falls on the list. It might prove to be "mission impossible" before they freeze, but I'll give it a try. Stay tuned.


Boughs of red, gold and green cloaked our path along the escarpment's edge.


Wildflowers in white, mauve and purple still bloomed at our feet.


Rain soaked the leaves and saturated their colours. Stunning beauty could be found everywhere we looked. (Hence the numerous photos on today's post.)


Although surrounded by chilly and rainy weather, these oak leaves glowed molten.


Back in the warmth, we gathered for the Thanksgiving feast at S-I-L's table.


Everyone was ready to tuck into the great meal after a day in the fresh air. Among the things for which I am thankful is to have been among family for this celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment