Saturday, January 27, 2018

Music's Lessons

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.
Plato, Greek philosopher (424-348 BC)

The lulling sonance created by Julia Seager-Scott with her Italian baroque triple harp and Gaelic harp (a clarsach) relaxed me from all concerns of this realm into a higher, peaceful plane. I closed my eyes and let my mind be soothed by the gentle music. Wise old Plato might say that my soul's character was enriched by the music -- and I would agree. That such intimate concerts by high calibre artists can be enjoyed for a mere $15 is a blessing. Realizing that I need to educate my soul with more of Julia's harp and clarsach, I bought her CD.

1 comment:

  1. The image evokes the event beautifully...
    - thank you !

    ReplyDelete