Sunday, May 31, 2015

Lessons from the Animals

You cannot look at a sleeping cat and feel tense.
Jane Pauley, American television anchor and journalist


It has been a busy couple of weeks and I have been remiss with my posts. Let me catch up by beginning with the end of the week when I looked to Cat's wise example and spent much of the day supine. She reassured me that busy-ness can be overrated. 

There had been much ado around the office. During a rare quiet moment I caught a glimpse of an arabesque reflection.

Under the big top on Saturday, a friend and I watched the amazing performance of magnificent horses, their riders, and acrobats all set before stunning images of a global odyssey. While the human feats had me holding my breath, the powerful, gentle, playful beasts are without a doubt the stars of the show. The 'acrobats' in the photo were battening down the hatches before the thunderstorms brought torrential rains. When it hit, the rain pounded on the tent, yet the horses, as true professionals, remained calm and focused on their performance: a good lesson to take into the next week.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've missed Cat!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with a severe migraine, I disappeared into the wonderful world of the horses when Cavalia was here. pmc.

    ReplyDelete