Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Green Space

All our wisdom is stored in the trees.
Santosh Kalwar, Nepalese poet and writer

The most enjoyable part of my commute occurs near the beginning and end of my daily journey. I await the view every day and relish the beauty and life in this little corner of paradise. I witness the change in the seasons, and now the strength of squadrons of rowers and the quietude of fishers. I am thankful for this unique green space along the rail corridor but I also wonder about the erased history of the boathouses and the people who once lived here. The many lost stories that hover in that mist cause me to pause and wonder. Perhaps some of those trees know the stories of which I write.


1 comment:

  1. Don't forget Tolkein's Ents - they were VERY wise...

    ReplyDelete