Saturday, May 11, 2013

Lunch with Mom in the Garden

My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.
Michael Jordan, American professional basketball player and entrepreneur

As kids, it was a family tradition to go for a drive on Mother's Day to enjoy the sight of orchards blooming in pink and white. We took that drive today to the Good Earth Winery in Beamsville for a Mother's Day lunch in Nicolette's cottage garden.

The nip in the Spring air succumbed to the warming (and spicy) asparagus soup that seemed to shout, "It's Spring! Dig in and celebrate!"

Rhubarb is Spring favourite and the Good Earth's cheesecake creation with stewed rhubarb provided the perfect finish to our garden lunch of Arctic char and lemongrass marinated chicken. And I should mention that the whole meal was accompanied by "2012 Betty's Blend", the winery's new release named in honour of Nicolette's mom.

Cheers to Mom!

1 comment:

  1. "Tradition" or "Told to"

    it's a fine line

    ReplyDelete